Monday, August 13, 2007

New Music, Music in the News

I was recently given the new cd by Peirson Ross, a Torontonian singer/songwriter whose album I found quite sweet. Check out some of his songs such as the thoughtful A Boy Caught on Words at http://peirsonross.com/song-boy_words.htm. His lilting style grows on you.

Ever hear a new word and then encounter it 15 times? That's been my experience with the graphic novel thing I discussed earlier. The Globe and Mail ran an article in the books section about them last month, I'm using one to teach in a class this year, and now Neil Young's Greendale cd is headed for graphic expression. I didn't know the music, but found everything I ever wanted to know about Greendale at http://www.neilyoung.com/tracks/tracks_menu.html. Look for the graphic novel next year.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, Peirson Ross is amazing! I saw him live earlier this year with the Viennese Schiller Strings in Austria. Although I love his albums they just don't compare to his live performance. He did a 20 minute version of Boycott on Words with a full choir which got the whole hall singing "My love is your love too". Hope he comes back to New York. Do you know where he is touring? I haven't been able to find out online.
Andy

Beautiful Feet said...

Andy, I tried to get up to date info on concerts here from connections, but was unable; all I can recommend is that we watch his website. V.