Sunday, December 30, 2007

Hero of the Week


Ok, so it's not weekly. But I would like to sing the praises of a gentleman who has done me favours and who serves the Christian art scene in Canada with unrelenting passion, energy and support: the very humble John Franklin, executive director of Imago. This organization provides financial, logistical and promotional support to Christian creators of the performing and visual arts. I love it because I constantly find new good Christ-centred art through them, particularly at their Imago Evenings. Imago busts the myth of 'good' and 'Christian art' being oxymoronic terms. And John's quarterly newsletter is a source of theological reflection on new works and issues in art, as well as book reviews, calls for artists and show announcements. To support this very worthy organization, go to their website and use the contact us link at the bottom; I guarantee you your donation will be VERY well used.

No comments: